Where behavioral science and humanism get out of the ivory tower, and into the world.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

We need a mask for the outer world…?

I was listening to an interview from npr and that statement was made. It caught me off guard. I think most people agree with it, but why? Why do we need a mask? What does it do for us? Keep “us” safe? Safe from what?... Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out… I just re-read mending wall, (go ahead, it only takes a min or two) Why keep ourselves safe from being known…. There is no difference between those who cannot read and those who do not read according to Mark Twain. Is there a difference between the struggles of being unknown, or being known and being rejected? Maybe, at least if you’re known to yourself and others then the “option” of being accepted exists….

No comments:

Post a Comment